Wednesday, June 9, 2010

OMG! It's been toooooo long

I'm in Yakima, WA. We're about to head over the pass in a couple hours, and stay in Kirkland for the rest of our stay (more or less). We are both apartment and job hunting so if you know of anything, let me know. Thanks Chelsea for all the emails about jobs. I'm way behind. I did have a phone interview with University of Phoenix. We'll see how that goes. I'm applying for a librarian assistant in Issaquah. We'll see how that goes.
*
I just finished reading Stephen King's THE STAND. Fantastic! IF you haven't, read it. If you have, you know what I'm talking about. Almost 1200 pages of really great scenes followed by transcript-like trite dialogue, followed by dumb shit, followed by awesome shit, followed by some crazy suspense (is he the king of suspense or something?), oh and all those archetypes floating around the page like a supermarket for archetypes...

Honestly though, I needed to read this for a few reasons. One) My New project of poems is about the aftermath of an apocalypse of types. Two) Book two of The Story Thief (titled "The Man who stole the job from the Story Thief" Just kidding, I don't have a titled, yet...) begins in this sort of aftermath, after the stories have been taken, anyway. Those of you who care with chat with me about it later.
*
I started Chabon's Manhood for Amateurs. It's good so far. Next up, Tom Robbins, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues. NO, I haven't read it. YES, Shame on me. I got a lot of poetry to read, but I'm not sure what yet.
*
So, one of these days I'll get some pictures of the trip and stuff up.
Later Gs. Keep it real and Keep it nasty,
J.

1 comment:

Ian D said...

Book two of the Story Thief starts post-apocaplyse!? Sweet! I've said it before and I'll say it again: you need to watch Dollhouse. There are interesting similarities going on. Once you've got time in Kirkland, give me a call. Come and meet my young ward!