Sunday, June 13, 2010

It's Sunday

So, we just finished season one of Mad Men, and I'm way stoked about season 2 and beyond. So, good. I'm kind of bummed I didn't start it earlier.
*
I also watch Funny People again last night. It's a bit long. That section in No. Cal is just a bit too extended, but it's my favorite Apatow film. I love the struggling stand-up stuff. And Sandler is just great.
*
We went out to Marymoor park and walked about with Indie and Nolan (my dad's girlfriend's son). It was great to get out and walk around--it's nice out. We walked along the trail towards Redmond. Em gives me shit, 'cause I'm so pumped to be back around water, in the NW. I keep saying, "Man, it's good to see water wherever I turn..." and stuff like that. So, I don't say it as much.
*
Right now we're watching the Ms play, which is something we never got to do in Cruces. 3-2 Seattle at this point. My dad and I are heading out to hang in Redmond and visit a bookstore and get some coffee or something. Then I'll probably have some more online training to do tonight. We'll see. The online job I got is tough for me. I'm a slow reader and slow grader. So I think this will be good for me--I'll have to read and learn how to comment quickly according to a certain pedagogical slant. I totally agree with a lot of the stuff I've been reading while training, but it's still tough commenting on papers without a lot more freedom. But like I said, this is good for me.
*
I might go out and apply for a job at a bookstore or something, keep apply for adjunct jobs. I was hoping to find something that overlaps and just a teach a class or two this coming year, but I don't think that will be the case...so, here I go out with my Master's looking for a job. Why can't there be jobs made for me? I looked into Microsoft, but there's really nothing that really fits. Em thinks I should just apply for a Office Admin job and do that. Personally, I wouldn't mind office work, but I think I might suck at it. Whatever. If you know of any jobs in the Seattle/Bellevue area, let me know.
*
OK.
Joshua

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Funny People?! Really?! Oh dear. I was bored to tears. Greenberg is way, way better.

Joshua Young said...

Why on earth would you compare the two? And second-of-ly Funny People was great (the boring part was northern California, but still Eric Bana was funny)...and third-eck-ly, Bored? We like boring films!!! Boring films are good!!! What kind of bored were you? That's the question!!