Tuesday, June 29, 2010

On Saturday...

My brother's wife threw him a birthday party, and since I wasn't in Chicago, I could go, and since it was also my birthday, I could celebrate. It was good. I got a little drunk, saw some old friends, and didn't make a fool of myself. My brother did. He got really drunk. Walking from Mollys house to the Fairhaven, he was swaying and talking a whole lot, and at the bar it was clear he was really drunk. Apparently after we left, he kept at it, and eventually puked. That night he told my friend that this new girlfriend looked like his old girlfriend (she doesn't, at all). He also did some other things, which I won't repeat, but will probably put in a story.
*
It was good to be back in Bham. Dave droves us (And indie). When he first saw Indie running towards he goes, "Oh, well, she's cute." Indie was pretty well behaved and stayed with our friend while we drank and hung out. While up there, Dave and I walked Indie around Boulevard (ho how I missed thee!) and then went to our friends' house on lakeway and they played croquet and played catch. It was nice to be up in Bham on a good day, just sort of floating around. I miss that.
*
I've been applying for a ton of jobs and a ton of teaching jobs (including Western). I just a needed to pick up some classes for the year. I'm hoping to get some shitty ass job and just work it, and teach when I'm not working. Who knows what kind of shits gonna go down, though.
*
I finished reading Even Cowgirls Get the Blues by Tom Robbins. If you haven't you should read it. Robbins is so meta, and so ridiculous. Now, I'm reading The Brothers K by David James Duncan. It's really good so far and makes me what to write about baseball. I won't. I have other things to do, but don't worry, I wrote down some ideas of a story about a father and son and baseball. but we'll see if and when I ever write this. I also started outlining a novel about a band. I wrote one about an indie band--actually, it was my first novel--when I was 18, maybe 19. I'll probably use some of that arc, but I don't know...this new one is different, and will probably be based a lot of Chad and I touring with the Braille Tapes. Man do I have stories...and man, do I love to embellish.
*
Well, I'm gonna read and drink some coffee and stuff.
Later,
J

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Who cares about BT...I want the expose of Autumn Poetry!

Joshua Young said...

I'm sure there will be some AP stuff in there...I'm sure...