Monday, June 21, 2010

Finally!

I finally finished revising my short story, "Testimonials are Money Makers." And I submitted it to McSweeney's. I swung for the fences. Here's hoping they love it!! But I got a list of places to send it if (and they probably will) reject it. But I'm stoked about it, so whatever...
*
I drove up to Bellingham yesterday for a few hours to hang out with my niece and Caleb. We ate at La Fiamma (YES) and went to Fairhaven Toy Store. It was a good time, and on the way home I got to drive my Dad's Prius. Pree-tah, preee-tah, pretty good.
*
Indie has issues with the cats here. She is always stalking and chasing them. Though two have kicked her ass, and she stalks them very carefully. She also cries when we pet or hold them. It's funny.
*
The other night I got to feel my little boy kicking away inside the womb. I've done it before, but this was the first time it felt like a kick (or punch). It was really amazing.
*
Well, I've finished The Story Thief, finished Testimonials, and I'm waiting for editorial comments from a press. WTF do I do now? Well, I'm gonna write some poetry...keep building this next thing till it bursts...and read some of Ian's fiction...maybe read Chas' thesis again (seriously really, really amazing book of poems)...and read some Tom Robbins.
*
I think OnDemand has season two of Mad Men coming on today. We'll see. And I'll let you know how awesome I think they are.

That's all for now.

Later,
Joshua

6 comments:

Choppyrocks said...

*blushes* I got a plug on your blog! I'm about to start working on it again. Gotta get them final 20-ish pages done. After much waffling about what to do with it next, I realized I was overthinking and that I just needed to overproduce like I did for the first batch and see what sticks. We'll still need to meet up and chat though. I've noticed I've gotten some of my best ideas just by talking to people.

Joshua Young said...

Yeah, whenever. If you're in the Seattle area...or when I get up to the Ham again. I'll be up there next weekend, but I'll be super busy. We'll figure it out. But, yeah, keep overproducing...that's the key!!

Later G,
J

Ian D said...

We need to get a Washington writer's get together going. I miss hanging out with my writerly types.

Joshua Young said...

Yes Ian Yes! July? Any takers?

Anonymous said...

maybe you should do a "writer's retreat"

Choppyrocks said...

I'm in. Not like I have a job or anything.