Friday, June 25, 2010

I had a dream about Fugazi

Seriously. I was in Bellingham (where they had just moved--in my dream) and I thought, man I should just pop in and see what they're doing. The bass player (who's not the real bass player) was a grumpy-guss, but let me come in and hang. Then more people started showing up and Em showed up with Indie. And they had dogs, and all these kids started coming over and there were other dogs running around with indie. Then Ian MacKaye comes home and says, "Hey everyone, I feel like a good jog." So, fugazi and friends go for a job. It was rough. Em was way ahead, like most of the girls running (and Ian, who was the fastest). They passed me when going up a big hill, then passed me on the way down. Afterwards, we hung out in their front room with all the runners and dogs and listened to "The Waiting Room" on repeat. The whole time the bass player kept practicing in his room and only came out to make a sandwich.
*
OK. I've got some writing to do. Later.

Joshua

2 comments:

Dave said...

EPILOGUE: Dave comes over and cold-clocks MacKaye.

"That's for turning your back on hardcore, you fucking pussy."

Ian D said...

Note: Ian is not that fast in real life. He was a wimp.