Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Another Tour Photo Blog

Someone took this picture when we were in San Francisco on the last tour with Braille Tapes. Of all the years we had been touring, this was the first time we took a bus in San Francisco. We were headed into town to go to Guitar Center and pick up some drum sticks for Wendelin. So, I don't know what Chad is talking about, but that coffee looks good. I think it's a latte. I might've bought it for him if it's the coffee I think it is.
*
We stayed on the floor of Josh William from Polar State (that's him in the corner, talking to Chad), and other friends. The floor was dirty and I don't remember much of the night we stayed, because I came in after driving and fell asleep. There are pictures of me under a blue moving blanket. Everyone was still up, but I was sleeping. I was sick. I always get sick on tour. Always. There hasn't been one tour where I wasn't sick. In fact, in Autumn Poetry days, I used to carry around cough syrup--especially when I was singing in AP, before drums. By the time the BT started touring, I figured it was best to suck on cough drops and let the cold pass naturally. By this tour I wasn't smoking and the cold passed in like two days or so. But this tour I threw out my back. There are pictures of me lying on the stage after a set. I did that a lot after shows. My back got a lot more sore from rocking out with a guitar. For years I had been rocking out on drums and after all those years, my back sort of got used to all the drumming. But the guitar playing part killed me. It's weird to think about that tour: It might be the last tour I was ever a part of. I really don't think I'll ever tour. The chances are 1 in 18 million. Maybe I'll play shows again, but even that is a long shot. I'm still writing songs and Chad and I have been chatting about doing something over the next year (a CD), and when we're a lot older we're gonna make a record called Geriatric Noise. We'll have to be in our 40s or 50s to do that. We'll see.
*
I know I got a million projects, but I started jotting down some scenes for a novel about a band. I like real scenes. I'm excited for when I get to actually focus on it. For now, I'm just going to jot down stuff that pops in my head.
*
I'm gonna borrow my Dad's Kindle and read The Story Thief. No pens or anything. I'm just gonna read it. Ems gonna read it too.
*
Sorry, I mentioned pictures and didn't post them. I'll try to find them and post them as reminders.

INCEPTION is coming!

Later,
Joshua

2 comments:

Ian D said...

Whoo, Inception!

Randon: I picked up my sister-in-law's guitar today and fucked around on it. It is the most badass guitar I have ever seen--an acoustic cutaway with a pick-up installed. It doesn't sound all that great, but it's BRIGHT FUCKING PINK, so that kind of makes up for it. Made me miss my singer-songwriter days, and oh how the hipsters would love me and my girl-guitar.

I'm having a project crisis of my own. I think maybe my summer-writing block isn't due to summer but due to my thesis. Perhaps it's time for a new one. We need to hang soon.

Chelsea said...

INCEPTION! I'm so excited. You bitches better see it with me on the 21st or so...can you wait that long? It will be the best reunion ever.

Also, please keep writing about Autumn Poetry. Someday, when I'm a famous academic, I'm going to write a book about AP...analyzing the Deleuzian atrophiacal nature of it, or something.