Monday, May 17, 2010

Packing and Art Work


So, Em is putting together a registry for the baby stuff. She can't really have a baby shower...who would really come to Chicago for that? I'm sure if you all could, you would, but...anyway. She was working on that and I was packing up my office/storage room. I have this box of old pictures, posters, scraps, tidbits. I think I'm gonna make a collage of some sort. Over the course of this year, Em and I (mostly Em) have made a handful of art-pieces to hang on the wall.

* This one is a bunch of old posters and concert flyers that Em and I cut up and we made into what it is. There are a ton of bands in that frame and two pictures Caleb took. Actually, if you can id all the bands I'll give you something grand...yeah, the braille tapes is one of them...HA!


* These other two are actually cut from a handful of magazines we had lying around. These are ALL Em. They're really great, though my favorite is the one with the cons and the ice tea, the owl, and the legs.

* This is the poster for the final BT show.
*
OK. I got some food to eat, some more packing to do, some book to read, and some jogging to do.
*
Love,
Joshua

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

I'm impressed with the creativity here. How about instead of me sending you a baby gift, Emily makes ME some art? No? How about a trade?

Ian D said...

Seriously. Can you and Em decorate MY apartment? Make sure all that shit survives the move.

Joshua Young said...

They will survive. I just made two more (one out of a bunch of random stuff from AWP--postcards, stickers, etc) and one of old band T-shirts that were falling apart. When I finish them I'll put 'em up. Though, I'm not sure, they're as cool as the stuff Em has done. My shit tends to be "busier" than needed...I guess we'll see.

Chelsea, I let Em know your request...we'll see...

Oh, and I also have a vintage, "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" poster that I need to frame. It barely survived the move...but I'm going to take extra precaution on this move.

Anonymous said...

I'll make art/decorate for anyone who offers me:

-food
-cash
-food
-food