Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Countdown has begun...

This is our first official baby present. Go to Ugly Dolls to check out more.
*
So, Em, Indie, and I walked about the NMSU campus a couple days ago and I cleaned out my "office." It was nice walking around, remembering the first time we came to visit...and being sort of quiet about how we didn't like the town on first view. Here's some advice. If you are planning on going to a program, try to go check it out. 'Cause I heard a lot of things about this town, and it wasn't what I expected. Though, I'm glad we came. I made some great friends, learned from some pretty fantastic professors, I got to teach, and we found Indie. Not bad if you think about it. But I'm glad to be attending Columbia College and I'm glad to be going to Chicago...a real, big city. Speaking of that, we're looking for places. We're no longer thinking Rogers Park (did I mention that?), now we're thinking Andersonville, Edgewater, or Lakeview...We'd be up on Lake Michigan, and right by the Red Line (EL). Anyway. Wish us luck.
*
We (I mostly mean Emily, 'cause I wouldn't know where to start) have to find a doctor for Em and the baby. I think she's got some leads, so that's good.
*
I caught up on LOST. YOu know what? I just want it to end already. I just want them to get the point and have it all be over so I can move on with my life. I'm tired of the twists and turns. I just want to watch something else...like Finishing the Wire (Yes, season three, disc 5) BOOM!
*
I've got a lot of reading to do this summer. Some editing. AND a lot of writing. Cause who knows how much I'll get to do when the baby comes? My goal is to work on my major project (This is the Way to Rule), and tinker with poems about place and identity (being a husband, father, but really being an all around idiot...basically, I'm just one big failure, who really has no idea how to do those things well...that's what I've been writing about lately, though not overtly...)
*
I just did the dishes and have some rice cooking. I think I'm gonna steam up some veggies for Dinner...Cabbage, Broccoli, Spinach, and fry up some Temp-ah. We'll see how it turns out.
*
Later Gs
Joshua

3 comments:

Ian D said...

Totally feel you on Lost. I just want it to be over. I don't really even care how it's going to end any more (unless it manages to end awesomely, which would be a pleasant surprise).

Also, RE: your comment on my blog--library card. I dug out my old Sno-Isle card for when I go back to my parents', and I'm going to mine the shit out of the Bothell library and totally abuse their interlibrary loan. I'm really looking forward to it.

Chelsea said...

The library system RULES (esp in King County, Ian). I became a big fan over the last year or so...especially when we were living in Sammamish.

Joshua Young said...

But I WANT TO OWN WHAT I READ! :-(