Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Oranges


So, I saw this while walking around NMSU the other day. I had to share it.
*
Right now, I'm eating an orange and taking a break from writing notes for my good friend, Ian Denning, who sent me some stories during AWP. And I've read them a couple times, but haven't commented. One of his stories is period piece, and it's freaking really great! I'm really stoked about it (Yes Ian, I am). So, I'm writing notes for stories. I'm just glad I get a break from fiction endnotes for like two years (unless I end up teaching a fiction class...) because my focus at Columbia is POETRY ONLY.
*
Currently, I'm also in the process of revising a short story called, "Testimonials are Money Makers," which I'm really excited about, and I'm just changing up a bit. Fixing things. I'm also, revising The Story Thief one last time before I send out my next draft to friends and start writing agent letters. This consist of cutting "Fucks" and dialogue that toes the line between transcript and Beckett.
*
Anyway, I'm gonna eat this orange, drink some coffee, and keep with the notes.

Later Gs,
Joshua

2 comments:

Ian D said...

Yesssssss. I have another period piece I'm going to send you too, once the summer hits. I find myself writing a lot about the turn of the century. Don't know why. Oh well.

Joshua Young said...

past lives much?

Digging it dude. I like your modern stuff, but the historical stuff really kicks ass...MORE MORE MORE