Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Ba, ba, ba...muffins

Hey, it's been a while, so I thought I'd post some stuff.
*
It's supposed to rain tonight. It's weird, all I do is wait for rain or grey skies. Last week there were a couple grey days. I felt so good about it. It was fun walking to school under that.
*
I've been writing like crazy and reading like crazy and watching tv like crazy. We won't go into what exactly I've been watching, but one show is GLEE. I love it. I watched some Mad Men and I think I like it. I may give it some time when I have more. Next on the list is THE WIRE. yes, Ian, yes Dave. We are going to watch the WIRE!
*
I miss fiction. I miss WWU. I miss all my friends. I think I'm taking all fiction next semester. I need a break from poetry just long enough to take a breath. Plus I go all this ficiton I haven't finished and I'm dying to. AFter that, I'm pretty relaxed on fiction. Nothing seems too ready to write. So, I'm gonna try to write some Story Theif stuff next Semester, and then hit the poetry hard in the summer, to finish up my MFA with nothing but poetry.
*
Teaching's going good. I like my students. Some are quite sharp. I'm curious how my next batch will be...
*
I have to admit. I took WWU for granted. I mean, I didn't, but I did. I'm really ahead of my classes. Like weeks ahead. I think i'll have a lot of time for Em and Me in November and Dec, as well as time for some submitted and more writing and a lot of novels! and of course, TV. I feel like there's less work here than at WWU. Maybe not, but I feel that way. Em does too. So, I just keep pushing myself ahead, reading, writing, and prepping.
*
I'm taking a Lyric Essay/Hybrid class that is pimp. Carmen Gimeniz Smith (I spelled that wrong) is really awesome and reminds me a younger Kate Trueblood, only a poet. But she also reminds me of Oliver, 'cause she way hip and into cool bands. Oh that reminds me. We were dicussing Roland Barthes by Roland Barthes and we wer etalking about signs and signifiers and all that jazz, and Carmen brought up "All the Single Ladies" by Beyonce, so we discussed that song...in our seminar, and I sang, "I you liked it then you should've put a ring on it!" Classic conversation. I will always remember that.
*
Next week I'm presenting on CD Wright's book ONE BIG SELF. I need to read it again, get some notes. I also get my "packet" workshopped next week. Should be a blast
*
Indie is feeling better, she's off the meds (though we are giving her Benedryl to ease her sore throat), and is as spunky as ever...
*
My dad and brother saw Bob Dylan the other day. I'm jealous.
*
I think that's all for now.
*
I love all of you,
Joshua

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

Muffins? I'm missing something.

Headlights and Vapor trails said...

I'm referring to the show Psych...don't worry about it...
but thanks for reading!

Headlights and Vapor trails said...

I'm referring to the show Psych...don't worry about it...
but thanks for reading!

Dave said...

Excited you will be starting The Wire. About time you learn how deep the game gets. ("KNOCKO!")

Might have Facebook up and running today.

Chelsea said...

Wait, I like Psych. All four episodes I've seen, anyways.

Ian D said...

Fiction: Hell yes. Do up the Story Thief. There's a fiction writer here whose stuff reminds me a lot of yours. Also, he's from Washington.

Wire: You'll love it. "GOT THAT PAAAAN-DEMIC!"

Bob Dylan: I saw him a few years ago. Pretty cool, but his voice is totally shot.