Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween

So, tomorrow is Halloween. I'm pretty stoked about our costumes, but I think Em's is gonna be pretty pimp. I'll post pictures when I have them...
So, I presented To The Chapel of Light (and talked about hybridity in poetry/writing) today at the NMSU graduate symposium. It was cool. I actually had a good time and heard some cool stuff. Our panel was dealing with Place. We talked about about the importance of place in our writing, and it's an interesting idea, especially with those of us who are miles away from our home or town that we have grown to love...so, Like Kate said, think of ourselves as exiled writers. That will make home/place even more potent in writing.
*
I just want to give a shout out to Ian. Sorry, bud. But seriously you should get a hover-board!
*
That's it for today. Short post.
*
We'll talk soon.
love ya'll
Joshua

2 comments:

Ian D said...

"We wouldn't even have to worry about snow if we had a hover board. It would just hover over the snow."

-Ashley

Headlights and Vapor trails said...

Genius! So, are you guys gonna go hover board shopping?