Saturday, September 26, 2009

PICTURES AND WHATNOT






I promised some pictures, so here they go...I started with some old ones, but I don't know, I felt like I should put 'em up. It's beautiful here at times. I mean, the sunsets are amazing, and the "mountains" are really cool...they're like a compass needle. If you can't figure out where to go, just look towards the Organs and you can find your way.
**
I'm way ahead of my classes, which is fine, it gives me more time for Emily, and more time to write. Right now, I'm reading a book called Letters from Abu Ghraib by Joshua Casteel. It's pretty good. He's an interrogator in Iraq. He's a pretty Patriotic American and faithful Christian, but as the book carries on, he keeps falling further from both of those, and his letters become angry, frustrated, and confused. It's interesting to witness this change in letters. It's refresing in a way, because it's brutally honest, and crazier, becasue he's in the face of a "war." Read it!
**
I'm working on a narrative essay for one class (it's about a heist my dad was in), and it's turning out to be super long, but I really like what I'm doing with it. I'm stealing this dialogue trick, this douche bag I went to school with did, only his was sloppy and nopt very cool. I thought of it, and a heard a "ding, ding." It might not work, afterall a douche bag first came up with it, but who knows.

I'm also working on When the Wolves Quit. Tightening up the poems, getting them ready for submissions. And I'm sending out To The Chapel of Light to contests...wish me luck! I' m waiting for a BIG one to notify me. I don't think I stand a chance, but nonetheless, I'm waiting to hear.

I think I'm taking all fiction classes next semester. I want to write fiction. I feel like I need a break from poetry for a few months. Let my work settle before I go back and start working on it again. We'll see. If Carmen is teaching a workshop, I might take one.

I'm excited for all the new series that are coming out: GLEE, HOUSE, BONES, THE OFFICE, PROJECT RUNWAY...to name a few...yes I LOVE PRunway.

OK that's all for now,
Love
Joshua

3 comments:

Ian D said...

If you haven't, you've got to start watching Mad Men. It's amazing, especially in how literarily (that's right "literarily") it frames its stories, and it's freakish attention to period detail. Great show. Also, hooray fiction writing!

Chelsea said...

Nerd. I love you.

Dave said...

You're nopt very cool. Stop fucking around and hit The Wire.