Monday, October 26, 2009

Fuckin' A

I'm in the writing center at NMSU and I'm already missing the Keaton Collective boys. They played here last night. It made me miss Bellingham even more and made me hate this place even more. Two of my friends from grad school showed up, and only one of my students. I think everyone there (or most everyone) bought something from the band. That said, not a lot of people. What's wrong with local "Artists" They play first and leave, taking all their friends. Fuck them. Show some fucking respect for touring bands. Plus he sucked and really wanted to be Sigur Ros, but wasn't good. Not horrible, but he just sort of made stuff up as he went and I felt like I was wasting my time. God, I do I sound mad?
*
I forgot all my notes I needed to work on an assignment at home, so I can't working on anything here. I'll have to do it at home, later.
*
The sunset last night was amazing. The boys were pretty stoked. Em and I told them, "Las Cruces is beautiful from the waist/shoulders up."
*
I heard a new David Bazan on the radio here.
*
I just watched the new trailer for "Do You See Colors When You Close Your Eyes?" I'm glad Caleb listened to me and took the Kilmer song out. I'm glad he put in "Fires" by Keaton. It's perfect. I can't wait to see the film. My baby is almost done! I wrote the first draft in three days and spent a couple years revising it and rewriting it and workshopping it. It's nice to see a glimpse (trailer) of it.
*
This week we had to make room for the boys, so we cleaned out our second room--the one we don't use--and I pulled my drum set out. It's still in its bags. Basically, I haven't touched it in months. I didn't even play it at our last show. I don't know if I'll ever play it again...or at least not for a long time. I told Chad that I missed playing shows. I do. I miss playing in the Braille Tapes, but I'll tell you right now, I would not enjoy touring. Anyone who's ever toured with me knows. to quote Wendelin, "Man, you got itchy feet." I just want to play the shows and get home. I'm just not made for touring. So, I guess that's why BT didn't last longer. I would rather go to school and make a career in Academia, then live in a van. But that doesn't mean I don't miss playing. I miss beating the shit out of my drum set and fucking strumming the shit out of Chad's guitar, and yelling and singing. Maybe someday soon I'll play in a band, but it won't be Las Cruces.

That's it for now. I gotta do some Writing Center shit.
Later
Joshua
*

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

You work at the Writing Center too?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's part of my TAship.
-Joshua