Sunday, August 9, 2009

Las Cruces Part II

So, the weekend here is kinda boring. Everything (like art galleries and museums) close early on sat and aren't open on sun. And on Sunday food places aren't open till after lunch or not at all. Oh well, it's not like we got a bunch of money to spend anyway, but still...

We're just trying to unpack the rest of our stuff and keep ourselves busy. Right now we're watching "Micheal and Micheal Have Problems." Pretty funny stuff. We've also been watching a lot of the the Travel and Discovery Channel.

I start training tomorrow. I'm a little nervous, 'cause I don't know what to expect, but I'm sure I'll be fine. Man, I just want everything to start to I can find a routine and start a writing schedule again and a workout schedule. Speaking of that, I've lost some weight since I started working out up in B'ham. Next time you guys see me, I ain't gonna have no dunlap.

Those of you who read this and are on the up and up with lit contest and zines for submission, if you find anything cool, send them my way. I'm gonna start submitting and shitload of stuff these next two months. I got a book (something that's somewhere between a short novel/novella/sh. story collection) that needs to go out to contests/presses/agents. A collection of poems/my thesis that needs to do the same, and a ton of poems and stories that I need to start landing in journals. I got alotta work this fall.

I miss B'ham already. I miss, besides the people, the FOOD. There's some good food here, but not like B'ham (I'm sure once we learn this place, we'll have our spots, but as of now...not much).

That's all for now. i'll let ya'll now how everything goes. Stay clean and just say no.

Love you,
Joshua

2 comments:

Dave said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dave said...

Move to New Mexico and now you're nailed to the sXe. Wow.