Saturday, August 14, 2010

Yep

I got the adjunct job at ITT-TECH, unless my background check brings up something bad. It won't. I'm clean as a whistle (whatever that even means? how clean in a whistle anyway...all the whistles I know are gross and caked in dried saliva). So, once I fill out the paper work and turn it in, they make an offer and I will sign, and I will have a teaching job. I rocked my demo-teach. It was fun talking about composition (yeah, I know). I talked about Dave and my little bro, Jordan. It was cool. I got ten thumbs up (five people in the room--not counting my boss, who did not count her own thumbs which would've made 12). Anyway. Rad.
*
I'm revising and rewriting and writing for When the Wolves Quit. It's hard work, but it's great going back into a project that's been done for a year and opening that shit up: "there's a slick rumbling lathering through my chest. the party broke hours ago, and all my friends left debris in all my rooms...all that's left is a girl in the shaded corner of the room. i hear a piano ringing out from behind her, notes lifting, as though her breaths have let them into the room....the room seizes and buckles when she looks at me and says, 'can you hear that cadence?'"
*
Later,
Joshua

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Congratulations, buddy!!! So, no more hotel?

Ian D said...

Nice! Congrats!

Joshua Young said...

Thanks dudes!

Chelsea, I'm staying at the hotel. I only teach one day a week at ITT (Wednesday two four hour classes). So, the other job will be the other days that i'm not working.

Ian. Have a safe trip. We'll chat soon.

Cheslea. We'll hang soon!

Chelsea said...

YES. WE BETTER. Except that I don't know when I'll be down there for hanging...but I have a sweet guest house if you (and Em) want to trek up here!