Thursday, July 8, 2010

Yeah, it's hot

But I'm not complaining. Apparently, in New Mexico it's burning holes in the earth. I don't even want to think about how hot our apartment would've been mid-day during the summer. We moved there in July-ish and it was unbearable. In fact, till October I was dripping sweat on my walks to work. So, yeah, it's hot here, but I'm not complaining. I can handle this. I love that when I run it's hot, but not deadly.
*
My dad and Dairne have a robotic vacuum that we let loose once a day. It just moves around and acts as though it doesn't know where it should clean...it's constantly turning around, probably thinking I don't know, did I already clean here? I thought I did. It still looks dirty. Oooh, what about way over there? That looks dusty. Here I go. I imaging that this little robot is capable of thinking like this. It's cute, actually. I'm gonna try to hook her up with some of my friends. I got one in mind who might really like her.
*
OK. I'm taking forever to read THE BROTHERS K. But it's so good. I'm just tinkering with other things (writing and revising), submitting, and watching TV. I know I should be reading more, but I HAD to finish MAD MEN season 3. Season 4 starts in like two weeks. Speaking of things coming up. Em and Me have an anniversary coming up. Woo-hoo! A year!
*
Question: What TV Series should we get into? Trueblood? Hung? Mad Love? Breaking Bad? Any Suggestions. I know that I need to catch up on Fringe. That's my bad. I got halfway through season two and just stopped. Maybe I'll start catching up. We'll see.
*
I have a stack of books next to our bed of books I will read this summer. I have to read them all, because I have to. And that's that. There are so many books in this house that I haven't read and I think I picked the cream of the crop. Plus. I've got a lot of books I need to read so finish some of my projects: From Old Notebooks, Drop City, Desert Gothic, A Carnage in the Love Trees, Six Characters in Search of an Author, The Pearl of Kuwait, Corpus Christi, and more.
*
Alright, I'm gonna go buy some underwear and food.
Joshua

No comments: