Monday, July 5, 2010

Weekend of the 4th

Well, well, well.
Yesterday was the 4th. Em, Me, and Dave Woods sat around with Indie and watched BLACK DYNAMITE and FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS. The night before Em and I drove up to Mount Vernon for a 3rd of July bash. I had a beer or two, ate some food, and watched some fireworks. Indie was fine till the people at the party started lighting off their own--they were loud. Indie got a little freaked. Instead of crashing there, we drove back home. The 3rd bash was at the same place we were married. It's always cool to go back and there. It's beautiful there. The party, however, felt like a high school party. Most of the kid were 20s and there were a few adults. Emily's cousins are 19 and 16, and their Dad, Doug, let all their friends come over. There was some major beer pong going on. Sidenote: I have never played beer pong. So, that was weird, but not in a bad way.
*
We're on season three of MAD MEN. We're probably gonna watch another episode or so tonight. I'm reading the Brother's K really slowly and not because it's hard, but because I've been writing a lot. Poems mostly, though I wrote a couple scenes for THE STORY THIEF BOOK TWO.
*
I have a job interview for a bank this Wednesday. I have to go borrow some clothes from my little brother (who had a real job with working clothes). I think I'm going to wear a tie. Whattcha think. Yeah, it's not an ideal job--it's not teaching or writing--but it's something to bring in some money.
*
Anyway, it had been a couple days and I hadn't posted anything, so here's a little bit. I'll do something less self-focused for the next few posts...maybe some more pictures and whatnot.
We'll see.
Later,
Joshua

2 comments:

Dave said...

I forgot that Tom Robbins book you were going to let me borrow.

I hope Black Dynamite wasn't too much. Personally, I think that shit's hilarious.

Enjoy those tunes. Tell your dad to puff the ism and listen to the Mogwai album.

Chelsea said...

Ties are hot.