Thursday, April 29, 2010

The End is Near or the Countdown

So, this is where I've gone to school for the last year. New Mexico State University. And actually, on the other side of that wall behind me, is where I'm teaching right now.

Today would be the last day of school (and it was for our Magical Realism class with Robin Romm (who is an amazing teacher and writer, and who I learned a lot from both in terms of writing and reading) which had it's last class today, just over an hour ago. I still have two workshops left for fiction and one for poetry...plus I've got two more meetings with my COMP class. They're turning in their final papers and doing evals. Anyway, this semester was actually really good, and this last stretch has been crazy because we had so many people in each workshop. I have some things to say about my experiences, but I'm gonna wait till I'm completely done--not because I have anything awful to say, in fact, I have some really great things to say and a little different feels about the program and my experience. Anyway, expect that soonish.
*
I'm going to miss my new friends, and a handful of the profs, who many I consider friends. I'm going to miss my 111 class from this semester. They were good sports for meeting at 7:30am!
*
I turn grades in on the 11th. And we leave for Chicago on the 31st. Wow. Lots to do. But I'm sure I'll be blogging about that soon as well.
*
Check this trailer out, then read about the production and the film maker. If you don't YOU WILL BURN! or I'll be upset. Cause it looks amazing for many reasons!

*
There was monster of a dust storm today. Shaking our doors and windows. Like an idiot I told Em to take the car and had to walk to school in it. My eyes stung, the wind pushed against my body (40mph winds apparently), and I was covered in dust. I should've listened to Em, who said, "Hey, you should really take the car, it's gonna be nasty out there..." or something like that. But I've walked in a wind storm, and it wasn't ever this bad. I could barely make out the mountains and the horizon. Everything was dust. I mean, I've seen this kind of storm before, but I never walked in it. Birds were stalled. Boxes and branches were flying at me and cars. It was crazy.
*
OK that's all for now. Tonight is pizza and TV! I can't wait for Em to get home! Neither can Indie...
Love
Joshua

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I miss pizza and TV.