Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Still submitting

I just finished another draft of The Story Thief and sent it to an agent.

I've sent out a ton (I told Ian close to 100) query letters: Presses, agents, etc. I've gotten a ton of rejections and a ton of no responses. On a random search on a website I will not mention due to the fact that I just went through a fucked up editorial experience with them, I found a link to this agent. So, I made another query letter and sent it out...I didn't expect anything, but one day later she responded. "Yes, I would love to review your manuscript." Thank you, Kate Trueblood, for teaching me how to write a decent query letter. So, yeah, it's not an acceptance or anything, but it's still a response. I'm stoked.
*
Anyway, I'm gonna blog on our other blog sometime today.
Later,
Joshua

No comments: