Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Submitting and Stuff

Tedious. Fucking tedious. I wish everyone was on Submishmash. I hate email submissions, but my plan to submit one story/batch to at least four different journals requires that I submit on submishmash, email, and CLMP. Ugh. It gets confusing and tiresome. Anyway. I official passed 350 submissions (which is more like 400 + because at least 25 aren't registered with duotrope, and there are a good 25-50 that I submitted before duotrope, so really the closest number might be 450 or so. Maybe. I've submitted a lot). Now, I hope this plan pays off and I start publishing. I just got an acceptance from elimae (After an edit...which was actually fantastic...he wanted to cut the poem in half--this is something oliver used to do with our poems in grad school and undergrad). Sometimes the heat of the poem begins at the end. Oh, and I totally ripped off a Joshua Marie Wilkinson line in the poem. The last line line is verbatim. I'm a little nervous about it, but hey, it's out of love, right? And it's actually a line I've tried to "borrow" for years...it was in Chapel, Wolves, Rule, and finally this. "This" by the way is a poem from the thing Chas that I sent out on a whim, not thinking that Chas and I were compiling. Well, it's cool 'cause now we've got at least one poem published from our book/project.
*
Mission songs are starting to come. I wrote some Petty-sounding songs, and tried to edge them out a little. We'll see how they shape up.
*
*
I plan on blogging on my other blog, but I'll do that tomorrow.
*
Snow is here. I like snow, but I hate driving in it. Idiots surround me.
*
I'm heading to the gym in a bit, another late night workout. Though, I'm stoked, I downloaded some new music, thanks to Dave (shhhh, it's illegal), including the new bright eyes, head and the heart, and some shit from Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. Alright, now, pushups.

Later,
Joshua

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

I really like Head and the Heart. That is all.

Dave said...

Thanks for calling me out by name. I'm going to send you one more thing.

Joshua Young said...

No problem. When the FBI comes knocking, I'll take the blame.

Oh, and Chelsea, I'm glad you like them.

Ian D said...

They're cool shit. I dig them too. You should listen to Telekinesis! if you don't already. Straight-up Seattle power-pop, and I'm pretty sure this guy's plan is to make his entire career a riff/exploration of Weezer's Blue Album. Which isn't a bad thing.