Friday, December 31, 2010

Resolutions and Shit

Here's my list:

1. Workout at least 5 days a week (Cardio and Strength)
2. Watch less TV, read more (see below)
3. Make more time for Em and Elliot
4. Submit all my manuscripts to contests/press (FULL COURT PRESS, YA'LL!)

OK. So, there it is. Four things. I think I can do all of those. I'm already dong these, but the resolution is to keep those going...

I still plan on watching Criminal Minds...I can't get enough of that show for some reason, but that's on at night, when we're winding down, getting ready for bed, so...

In terms of TV on DVD, well...The Wire has one more episode till we're done (Oh, Omar!), and Dexter awaits (Season 4), other than that, I think we're gonna take a series break for a bit. Just watch flicks, catch up on new releases.

Books:

The Prestige (Currently Reading) - Christopher Priest (so far, the film was better...maybe I'll blog about it when I'm done)
Imperial Bedrooms - Bret Easton Ellis
The Corpse Flower - Bruce Beasley
Angle of Yaw - Ben Lerner
The Frequencies - Noah Eli Gordon
American Owned Love - Robert Boswell
Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro (if my dad ever finds his copy)


Plus, I might hit a used book store and pick up something else (next paycheck? Maybe?)

Maybe re-read some Vonnegut?

*

Chas Hoppe and I are gonna start working on a collaborative poetry book. I have no idea where it's gonna go, but I'm excited to start.

*

Alright, dinnertime.

later dudes and duderinos

J.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

We JUST started Dexter last week...so good. Already on season 2!

Joshua Young said...

Yeah, Season 2 is rad! My fav is season 1 or season 4!

Ian D said...

OMAAAAAAAR!