Thursday, November 12, 2009

I've got some reading to do

Really, I do. Though, none of it is for school. Right now I'm reading David Sedaris' Naked and Sherman Alexie's Absolute True Diary of a Part Time Indian and some random literary journals, while also peeking at some poetry books I've got lying around. Next? You ask...well. Next, I'm going to read Neil Gaiman's Anansi Boys and John Irvings A Prayer for Owen Meany. I also have some poetry collections I'm going go through too. And another Sedaris book.
*
I started working on The Story Theif again. It's exciting. I wrote the final scene of the novel (the first novel in the saga) and figured out the beginning of the second book, but that'll have to wait. I'm planning on working on The Story Theif over break so that I have a decent rough draft for those of you who have already agreed to take a look at it. I thank you ahead of time, and demand that you also send me some of your stuff so that I can read and stuff during the break.
*
I've been thinking about Kate's The Baby Lottery. I think I might read that again soon.
*
Next semester: Poetry Workshop - I'm gonna work on a sequence called "The Fires." It's new.
Fiction Workshop - I'm gonna try to work on a long-story called "We're Not Muderers."
And I'm either taking Form and Tech with Robin Romm dealing with Magic Realism or an Independent study with Connie Voisine, where I'll be working on my manuscript so that I can have it ready by march for contests...We'll see.
*
I'm listening to Elton John right now and about to clean the book case. I miss you all my friends.

I can't wait for Star Trek on DVD...and don't worry Dave, we'll get to the Wire...soon...
Love
Joshua Young

No comments: